Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup

As you guys know, I had a little stomach bug on Sunday. When I finally got home from Asheville on Monday, I decided I wanted a hearty homeade Chicken Noodle soup to get my system back on track. I was very pleased with the results! Great for this cool, fall weather or whenever you are sick!




Chicken Noodle Soup

1/2 c chopped onions
1/2 c sliced carrots
1/2 c chopped celery
1-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp butter or olive oil
4.5 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup of cooked rotisserie chicken
handful chopped basil (fresh is best, but can use 1 tsp dried basil)
handful chopped oregano (fresh is best, but can use 1 tsp dried oregano)
1 1/2 cups egg noodles or farfalle pasta


In a large pot on medium heat, cook onions, carrots, celery and garlic with the butter or olive oil. Stir in the chicken, broth, basil, oregano and salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package. Drain and add noodles to chicken and veggie mix. Simmer for another 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment