Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pimento Cheese

Well... at least my rendition of it!

1/2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
1/2 lb. mozzarella cheese (grated)
4 oz. cream cheese (cubed)
1 small shallot, about 1 tsp. (grated)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonaise (yes, even I have to admit mayo makes it more spreadable)
8 oz. pimintos (drained)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. cayanne pepper
few splashes hot sauce (habanero)
salt
pepper

Mix and Enjoy!!

Few Tips:
1) Buying blocks of cheese and grating it yourself vs. buying already grated cheese produces a smoother consistency
2) Add or take away the ingredients to your liking...
3) Start with less shallot and add as you taste and go -- if you put too much, there is no going back!

Much love my dear foodie friends! Rach

1 comment:

  1. Rach- I made this for the shower and it turned out really well! I used 2 blocks of cheddar cheese instead of one mozzerella...still tasted good!

    ReplyDelete