Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gluten Free...

Okay, so I have been trying (key word being trying) to go Gluten free for about a month now. This has been hard, mostly I get really hungry and the only the around has flour in it! Ahh... I'm still working it -- Priss convinced me and then the doctor ordered it. As a result, I have been cooking differently lately. My greatest success recent was this...

Edamame Salad (my very own recipe!)

1 bag frozen shelled edamame (thawed)
4 roma tomatoes (diced)
1 can corn (drained and rinsed)
1 red onion (chopped)
1 tbls olive oil
4 green onions chopped (may substitute basil or chives)
1 small bag sliced almonds
2 tsp lime juice
1 small container crumbled feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste

In skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add red onion, edamame, salt and pepper and cook till tender. Add corn and lime juice and cook until heated through. Remove from heat and let cool to your desired temperature. Add tomato, feta, and almonds - stirring till combined. Top with green onions. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. For those of you not going gluten free, this salad would go well with a side of cous couse also flavored with olive oil and lime juice.

Enjoy my latest creation!

Love, Rachel

1 comment: