Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snowy Saturday

Well...it snowed!

This is a picture of our deck and the woods in the back of our home. I just love the look of un-touched snow...don't you? So, what do you do when you're snowed in? You turn on some music and cook!


For some odd reason, I was feeling French this morning, so I explored my French feelings and decided on crepes for breakfast!


Here's how I did it...

I whisked together 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 2 eggs.


Side note: I've started composting, so I tossed those pretty lil' egg shells right into my temporary composter that my mom gave me for Christmas. I let it fill up next to my sink and then when it's full, I dump it into my back yard composter. You can buy one like it here.


Ok - back to the recipe. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of water. Then added 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.


I heated my frying pan and poured about a 1/4 cup of batter into the pan making sure to tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coated the surface as evenly as possible.


Cooked the crepes for about 2 minutes until the bottom was lightly browned, flipped 'em over for just a sec and then folded 'em up on my plate. They were looking a little plain Jane so I made up my own recipe with some blueberries that I lying around to sweeten them up!


I heated 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water on the stove top and then added my blueberries. After cooking them a bit, they were perfect and ready to dress the top of the crepes.


I dusted a little powdered sugar on top to get my sugar fix in honor of the snow day. Of course, the meal wouldn't be complete without a glass of cold milk...


DElicious!!!

And I think that Julia Childs would have been proud of me...Bon Appetit!!


*Crepe Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com

Love,
Priscilla

1 comment:

  1. This was absolutely delicious...thank you Priscilla! I spoiled michael with this on valentine's day with breakfast in bed and he loved it!!

    ReplyDelete