Saturday, September 4, 2010

Quick and Easy Quesadillas

So I have been craving Quesadillas lately.... Sarah and I had some when she came to visit. Of course, I would recommend eating them with her Guacamole recipe...

8 Flour Tortillas
1 can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium Onion, sliced
Cheddar Cheese, grated
Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Olive Oil

Heat olive oil over medium heat in skillet. Add onion, salt, pepper, and a dash of cumin. Cook until onions are caramelized. Remove from skillet. Using a cooking brush, coat the bottom of the skillet with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place one tortilla in the skillet and rotate around until coated. Add layers of cheese, onion, beans, and another of cheese. Top with an additional tortilla. Again, coat the tortilla with olive oil and salt. Press tortilla until ingredients are evenly distributed. Flip when golden brown.

Of course, I put a layer of sour cream before I add the guacamole.

1 comment: